I’m a freelance Danish tutor offering group lessons and one-to-one tuition. Here are my terms and conditions:
1. Registration and Payment
- To register for Danish group lessons or one-to-one tuition, you must complete the registration form and pay the full fee in advance.
- When you complete the registration form, you’re agreeing to these terms and conditions and confirming that you’re over 18. If you’re not over 18, please ask a parent or guardian to fill out the form for you.
2. Class Schedule and Attendance
- Group classes are held on a weekly basis, following the schedule outlined in the registration form and/or published on my website.
- One-to-one sessions are scheduled on a mutually convenient basis between myself and the student.
- You can cancel your booking at any time before the start date. If you do, you’ll have to pay a cancellation fee. The fee depends on how close to the start date you cancel:
- 9 days or more before the start date: 20% cancellation fee
- 8 days or less before the start date: 100% cancellation fee
- If you cancel after the start date, you will not receive a refund.
- In the event of illness or other unavoidable circumstances, rebooking for the next available programme may be possible.
- If I need to cancel a class or session due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances, I will offer a make-up class or a substitute tutor will cover the class. I will endeavour to give students at least 24 hours’ notice if I need to cancel a class.
- If I have to cancel a programme of classes because of low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances, I’ll offer you an alternative programme or refund your fee.
4. Content & Materials
- I provide all course materials.
- For in-person classes, students are responsible for bringing their own pens, pencils, and notebooks to class.
- Unless otherwise specified, we will use Google Classroom for updates, session summaries and homework. In the event of missing a class you’ll be able to catch up there.
- I reserve the right to alter details of any programme or session content if this is required to reflect the needs of the group and individual students, changes in the law or regulatory requirements, or in the event illness or emergency prevents me from teaching.
- You have no rights to copy (in whole or in part) or disseminate any course materials, other than for your personal use as part of the course.
5. Online Teaching
- All online classes and sessions are held live, in real time. You’ll need a computer or mobile device with a webcam, microphone, and reliable internet connection. I can’t be responsible for any problems caused by malfunctioning student equipment.
- If I lose my connection and it significantly disrupts the class, I’ll offer you a replacement class.
- Class times are in UK time.
- All online classes will have no more than 10 students. If less than 6 people register, the classes will be reduced to one hour rather than 90 minutes.
6. Code of Conduct
- Students are expected to be respectful of me and other students. Any disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the class without any refund.
- I am not liable for any injuries or losses incurred by students during or as a result of class participation.
8. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- By registering for group Danish lessons or one-to-one tuition, you agree to the above terms and conditions.